Impact is a recognized leader in Wellbore Shielding®, the advanced science behind our FLC® and STAR SHIELD® drilling fluid additives and SHIELD BOND® spacer systems. Our uniquely engineered solutions have delivered problem-free drilling and successful primary cementing operations in thousands of wells in troublesome formations worldwide.
Traditional approaches to wellbore stability challenges in depleted and mechanically weak formations are reactive, focusing on remediation. Wellbore Shielding is a preventative approach that helps you reduce non-productive time and total well costs while increasing ultimate recoveries.
How Wellbore Shielding Works
Impact’s proprietary Wellbore Shielding chemistry forms an ultra-low permeability barrier on the face of the formation. This thin, flexible “shield” minimizes fluid and pressure invasion, quickly sealing pore throats microfractures to:
- Stabilize and strengthen the wellbore
- Prevent formation damage and fracture propagation
- Protect against lost circulation
- Expand the mud weight window
Protecting the Pay Zone to Maximize Production
In reservoir drilling applications, Wellbore Shielding helps to enable unobstructed production flow throughout the life of the well. The shielding barrier:
- Prevents permanent blockages and preserves matrix permeability
- Keeps hydrocarbons at the near wellbore
- Lifts off easily with the inflow of the well