FLC® Wellbore Shielding® solutions are advanced additives that protect the formation and maintain wellbore stability by generating a fast, effective seal at the fluid-rock interface. This barrier against fluid and pressure invasion enables operators to successfully drill unstable, mechanically weak formations while mitigating losses. By preventing problems and preserving wellbore stability throughout the drilling process, FLC additives reduce non-productive time and total well costs while helping to increase ultimate recoveries.
In reservoir applications, drilling fluids formulated with FLC additives help to optimize production potential by minimizing reservoir damage and providing high return permeability. When production is initiated, the inflow of the well lifts off the thin external filter cake with minimal differential pressure, eliminating the need for acid washes.
FLC additives are ideal for depleted, poorly consolidated and interbedded formations, unstable shales, and deepwater applications. These best-in-class solutions for Wellbore Shielding and stability have been proven in geologically diverse basins across more than 45 countries.
PRODUCT LINE OVERVIEW
- Seals up to 100-3,000 μm microfractures at high differential pressure
- Effective and compatible with oil-, water- and synthetic-based fluid systems (Note: FLC® MAX is optimized specifically for OBM)
- Works directly in the circulating fluid system
- Allows continual use of API 60 mesh screens
- Mixes directly through the hopper, or can be pre-mixed
- Does not degrade after shearing
- Remains stable at temperatures in excess of 400°F