FLC 2000® Used for Appraisal Well in Kenya
- An operator was drilling an offset appraisal well in East Africa in a rift location with challenging geology.
- Prior appraisal wells had a history of tight hole, lost circulation, washouts, twist offs, cavings and collapse, with difficulty achieving a good hole.
- The operator wanted to obtain a near gauge hole and achieve better logs and test data.
- FLC 2000® was added at 4.7 ppb in the circulating system after the 12¼" section.
- Drilled a gauge hole with no indication of stress-direction related wellbore geometry failure.
- The leak-off tests demonstrated the wellbore was able to hold higher pressures and mud weights compared to offset wells.