STAR SHIELD® drilling, completion and workover fluid additives are specifically designed for the unconventional wells of North America, where they have been successfully used in shale plays and depleted sandstorm formations. STAR SHIELD Wellbore Shielding® and stabilization solutions protect the formation by generating a fast, effective seal to mitigate fluid and pressure invasion. This barrier allows operators to drill unstable, mechanically weak shales while protecting against fluid losses. Our advanced STAR SHIELD additives are ideal for use in deepwater applications, depleted or poorly consolidated formations, interbedded formations and unstable shales.
In reservoir applications, drilling and completion fluids formulated with STAR SHIELD additives help optimize production potential. STAR SHIELD products deposit a thin, low-permeability, external filter cake that minimizes reservoir damage while providing high return permeability. When production is initiated, the inflow of the well lifts off the cake with minimal differential pressure, eliminating the need for acid washes.
PRODUCT LINE OVERVIEW
- Seals up to 100 – 3,000 μm microfractures at high differential pressure
- Effective and compatible with oil-, water- and synthetic-based fluid systems
- Works directly in the circulating fluid system
- Allows continual use of shale shaker systems
- Mixes directly through the hopper, or can be pre-mixed
- Does not degrade after shearing