FLC 2000® North Sea Balder Success
- Drilling to total depth in the Balder Formation with high-angle builds from 75 to ~90 degrees.
- 12¼” section drilled through interbedded sands and shales.
- Sands are 0.5 – 20 Darcy perm.
- Induced losses expected, low perm strata means stress-cage/squeeze methods not suitable.
- Impact recommended 6-7 ppb of FLC 2000® for the 12¼” section and LCP 2000® to extend the envelope where seepage losses persist.
- Products conform to stringent Norwegian environmental regulations and are approved for use in the reservoir by the client.
- Drilled to TD with no losses – first time in this field.
- Losses eliminated with the application of FLC 2000® plus LCP 2000® where required.
- Nine subsequent wells drilled, as well as three geological sidetracks, all using FLC 2000 – all reached design TD.
- FLC 2000 approved for use and used in the 8½” reservoir sections on select wells – 5 sections drilled.