Extensive FLC 2000® Use in Gulf of Mexico
Gulf of Mexico
- A deepwater Gulf of Mexico operator experienced major wellbore instability issues—cavings, pack-offs, tight hole, high torque and lost circulation.
- The operator planned an extensive drilling program and needed a solution.
- An offset well lost 28,000 bbl of OBM.
- Instability issues occurred while drilling in the 12¼” section.
- The operator added FLC 2000® to extend the frac gradient window and utilized higher mud weights.
- FLC 2000 was added to the operator’s drilling program permanently.
- Impact’s wellbore stability product reduced rig time, fluid losses and overall costs for the wells.